2012: Rationale’s Founding Year In Review
Happy New Year! Before we move into 2013 we wanted to take a moment to reflect on the past year.
Thanks to our team in Uganda, our partners and volunteers here in the States, and everyone who has supported us in our inaugural year, 2012 was a year to remember for Rationale. What began as a partnership between two individuals in 2009 has blossomed into the organization we now call Rationale and we couldn’t be more proud of our early achievements.
This year we…
- Founded Rationale this March after three years designing and assessing our strategies in cooperation with St. Jude Children’s Home
- Officially launched the project in Gulu this June
- Spent June-August on the ground in Uganda monitoring and evaluating our progress as we awarded our foundational scholarships
- Added a mentor to our Uganda team in order to smooth our students’ transition into University life and support all of our students as they encounter any difficulties that may arise
- Partnered with J-Bar Chicago and Grey Goose to hold a “Cocktails for a Cause” benefit event, securing funding for the remainder of the year
- Ended the year with two University students and one secondary school student enrolled in our scholarship program, providing support for each for the duration of their studies
- Began to expand our team to include new positions in grant and research, communications and operations, and fundraising
- Formed working groups to provide a forum for creative, critical dialogue as we move beyond our inaugural year
2012 has been a momentous year for Rationale and we cannot wait to see what 2013 has in store for us!
From all of us at Rationale: Thank you for making 2012 a success for our young organization.
Top Row, L-R: Francis, David (mentor) Bottom Row, L-R: Emily, Gloria, Scovia (prospective scholarship recipient)